We encourage young people into engineering with our toolmaking apprenticeship programme, through Incom Training services, who have a purpose built facility based in Aldridge. Out first tool room apprentice completed his first year gaining distinctions in all results.
Our training programme develops the whole person to build on existing talents and develop new skills, cultivating apprentices who are;
- Positive in their outlook
- Critical thinkers
- Able to evaluate performance
- Actively engaged in the learning process
- Safety conscious and risk aware
- Creative and innovative
- Organisationally aligned
- Effective communicators
- Effective team workers
- Punctual and resourceful with their time
They join our team of experienced toolmakers who support and guide them through all the skills they need to become a proficient toolmaker within a manufacturing environment.
During their apprenticeship they will learn the following:
- Skills regarding tool design, build and maintenance.
- Ability to use hand, machine and computer controlled machine tools.
- Competence to read/follow technical drawings.
- Ability to produce metal components from detailed drawings.
- Learn to work to tight tolerances.
Developing our own people is paramount to our continued development and growth and it is important that we invest time, resources and money into our employees, giving them equal opportunities to grow both individually and professionally.
All staff have attended a half day Lean awareness course of which have already had an impact on the business with improvements in productivity, quality and efficiencies. The development of other staff includes NVQ’s in team leading, CNC training on our HAAS machining centre and Robot weld programming. We are currently looking to enrol our production engineers on Diplomas for Mechanical Engineering.
We will continue to identify and develop innovative opportunities for both new and existing staff and look forward to a bright future ahead.